Resources are often so gatekept, but I’ve spent years accumulating screening tests, books and other resources that have made a huge difference to my healing and self-development. I also recommend these resources to patients of mine daily, so wanted to gather them together here for everyone’s benefit.
- An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison (book/audiobook)
- Finding Balance in Bipolar (TED talk)
- The Bipolar Survival Guide by David J Miklovitz (book/audiobook)
- Bipolar UK
- Bipolar Discord (online community)
- Bipolar, Not So Much by Chris Aiken and James Phelps (book/audiobook)
- Mood Disorder Questionnaire (online at Bipolar UK)
BPD/Trauma Spectrum Disorder
This can be anything that’s popping up repeatedly i.e. anxiety, depression, anger etc. It’s also worth mentioning that these kinds of things are often trauma related, so it’s worth looking into that to see if you relate to the material.